As we all face this difficult period of uncertainty with the outbreak of Covid-19, all of us here at Dorsett Hospitality International first and foremost would like to express that our thoughts and well wishes go out to everyone on the front line and those who have been affected by this unprecedented global pandemic. Furthermore, the health and safety of our guests and associates worldwide has always been and remains the highest priority.
Dorsett Hospitality International is closely monitoring the situation and updates from the health authorities in all of our cities. We are humbled and honoured with the loyalty and trust our guests have placed in Dorsett Hospitality International and we will get through this together!
DHI will remain vigilant to protect the health of our guests, employees and community at large.
Dorsett has implemented a series of precautionary measures at its hotels, including but not limited to:
- Hotels are using Ecolab disinfectant cleaner 2.0 to clean air con air outlet/ return nozzle and dust filter every day.
- All hotels have installed multiple disinfectant and anti-epidemic sprayers within hotel areas.
- All hotels have increased the cleaning and disinfection frequency of public areas and facilities to once every hour.
- All public areas in our hotels are providing 70-80% alcohol-based hand rub/ gel for guest and staff use, and providing refill service for guests to use when going out.
- A dedicated queue for all arriving guests to take a body temperature scan and fill out a health condition and travel history survey.
- All staff on duty are required to wear surgical masks.
- All staff reporting duty will need to receive a body temperature scan.
What we have done…
With hotels in over 27 cities around the world, including Wuhan, we strongly believe that we share a responsibility to the local communities to do our part for those in need and especially those on the frontline, who are doing everything they can to contain and fight this global pandemic.
Our hotels in China, Hong Kong, London, Singapore and Malaysia have been providing accommodation and preparing meals for various medical teams, nurses and doctors on the ground. We are incredibly proud of our associates and employees who continue to bravely assist them with anything they might need.
- Support the Hospital Authority by offering rooms to frontliners in Hong Kong (Dorsett Wanchai & Cosmo Hotel)
- All Hong Kong hotels are providing long-stay packages to Hong Kong residents and travellers in need
- To keep supporting local businesses in our neighbourhood, Dorsett Wanchai partnered with local coffee shop brand Cupping Room Coffee Roasters to run a pop-up at the hotel
- During the lockdown of the city, the Dorsett Wuhan team were able to be of service to the heroes on the frontline who have been fighting Covid-19 at the very centre of the epidemic. A total of 147 medical staff from the 6th batch of Yunnan Province medical team checked into Dorsett Wuhan with the help of volunteering hotel associates on 19th February 2020
- After temporarily closing for 80 days, Dorsett Wuhan re-opened on 15th April after the lockdown on the city ended. Rest assured, the hotel has implemented strict epidemic prevention and control policies as laid out by the municipal government
- In accordance with government guidelines, our two hotels in London remain open so they can also do their part for the community. Dorsett Shepherds Bush is a primary accommodation partner for healthcare workers and the National Health Service (NHS), looking after 150 healthcare workers per day, and Dorsett City, London is supporting The City of London Police along with some NHS workers as well
- Charity partners RedBull and Corona Care Challenge has donated drinks, snacks and special treats to our in-house NHS guests
- Adhering to the Malaysian Government’s Movement Control Order in response to COVID-19, our hotel operations in Malaysia were suspended from 18th March. Our hotels will reopen on 13th May 2020
- Dorsett Hospitality International and its affiliated hotels in Malaysia contributed close to 6,000 shower caps to be used in hospitals and quarantine centres (27th March, 2020)
- Dorsett Grand Subang is housing Malaysia citizen and foreign visitors who are returning to Malaysia from overseas and need to be quarantined (5th April, 2020)